Unit 5 - My BFF: The Brain
This unit takes a closer look at the most complex organ in the human body: the brain. Students will learn interesting tidbits about the brain, how it functions and which part does what. How even sleep is essential to the brain’s well-being. What is intelligence and how is it measured? These and many more questions are answered in this unit about our very best friend, our brain.
Here is the content of the Digital Teacher's Toolkit ''Pour l'enseignant":
1. Reproductible material
- Pedagogical notes
- Support | All texts, questions and exercices in the activity book are modified for students who have difficulties
- Enrichment | An additional text including questions and consolidation activities, is available for student who need more challenges
- Grammar exercices
- Transition Words
- Figures of Speech
- Present Perfect and Past Perfect
- Simple Sentences
- Complex and Compound Sentences
- Mini-grammar tests
- Text and questions to print (Fun Facts About Brain)
- Answer Key
2. Material to project in class
► Interactive grammar tools | To energize the teaching of grammar.
Project this interactive tool in the classroom, which allows you to virtually manipulate words based on various grammatical concept:
- English verb tenses
- Pronouns and possessives
- Pronunciation of regular verbs
- Plural forms of nouns
- Spelling of -ing and -ed forms
- Asking questions
►Would you Rather...? activities | Fun interactive activities linked to the theme that stimulate conversation.
Let your students have zany conversations and debate over odd subjects with this interactive version of the popular Would You Rather game. It’s a playful way to improve their vocabulary and give free rein to their imagination.
Would you rather...
- Have the ability to use 100% of your brain and know everything there is to know in the universe but die young or use 15% of your brain and life a long, normal life?
- Have premonitory dreams about disasters to come and not be able to do anything to stop them or have premonitory dreams of good things to come but forget them as soon as you wake up?
- Have the ability to reproduce any movement after seeing it only once or have the ability to play (or imitate) any sound after hearing it only once?
- Learn something extremely complex instantly but be the only person to understand what you learned or be the fittest person on Earth by far?
- Have a brain that never ages in a body that ages twice as fast or have the body of a 20-year-old that never ages with a brain that ages twice as fast?
- Be stuck in a dream forever or never dream again?
- Be super rich but lose your memory every night when you go to bed or be poor but remember everything that has happened to you since the day you were born?
- Never feel pain and never know if you are hurt or very sick or feel the slightest change in your body constantly?
- Learn and master every musical instrument that was ever invented or learn and master every language that was ever spoken?
- Have the ability to speak to any animal on Earth or have the ability to constantly hear what everyone on Earth is thinking?
- Have your brain transplanted in a younger body after you die or have your brain transplanted in a robot before you die?
Internet links, including videos, quizzes, reports, etc.
►Text and activities in HTML format
The activity book to project in HTML format with corrections displayed one by one.